Position Title: COMPUTER SCIENCE/PROGRAMMING INTERN
Office Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
Exemption Classification: Hourly / Non-Exempt
Date: October 19, 2023
Job Summary: In this role, you will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of bridging technology with manufacturing excellence. Collaborating with our engineering and IT teams, you will embark on a dynamic journey of software development, aimed at optimizing manufacturing processes, enhancing automation, and harnessing the power of data analysis. Your responsibilities include not only assisting in the collection and analysis of valuable data from manufacturing operations but also harnessing your programming skills to craft intuitive visual dashboards and reports that empower informed decision-making. Furthermore, you’ll identify areas for process automation, creating streamlined solutions through code that improve production floor efficiency.
- Collaborate with our engineering and IT teams to develop software applications that enhance manufacturing processes, automation, and data analysis.
- Assist in collecting and analyzing data from manufacturing operations, and use programming skills to create visual dashboards and reports.
- Identify opportunities for process automation, and write code to streamline repetitive tasks and improve efficiency on the production floor.
- Provide technical support and troubleshoot programming-related issues in the office and on the manufacturing floor.
- Document software development processes, code, and solutions for reference and future development.
Knowledge, Education, Experience and/or abilities:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java, C++, or similar languages.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Familiarity with database management and data analysis.
Environmental and Working Conditions:
- General Manufacturing environment, work can be inside or outside.
TOMCO₂ Systems Company is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and comply with all related employment regulatory requirements. We do not discriminate in employment related decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
TOMCO₂ Systems Company is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.Comp
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources at (770)979-8000 ext. 204 Thank you!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com